China - Teaching
- Native English speaker
- Minimum age of 19 years preferred - mature 18 year old considered
- Be aware of and prepared for the challenges of teaching in a foreign country
- Be prepared to play an active role in school life beyond the classroom
- Be interested in experiencing Chinese life and culture first-hand
- Be outgoing, adventurous, flexible, confident, and have an open mind
- Clear visa history in China and no violation of Chinese laws in previous times
Review the eligibility criteria and send us your CV together with a written self-evaluation (maximum one page of length) by filling out the Pre-application Form.
After we have screened your documents and considered you eligible for the programme, an interview will be arranged.
When you have been accepted to the programme, you need to submit additional documents and pay the registration fee of $100. Now, interviews with employers will be scheduled.
After an interview has been successful, you will be offered a position. This takes between 1 - 4 weeks.
If you wish to accept the position, we will send you all necessary documentation to finalize your placement. After the documents have been returned and the placement has been confirmed you are officially enrolled in the programme. Now the outstanding programme fee needs to be balanced and we will start to assist you with your pre-departure preparations.
- Application Form.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume in English
- One copy of your diploma/degree if available
- One photocopy of your passport
- Two letters of reference; one self-evaluation and one letter from former employer, teacher or friend, each maximum one page of length. Family members and relatives do not qualify as acceptable reference.
- 3 good quality passport size pictures.
- Signed Promise & Agreement Form
- Medical certificate attesting good health
After your placement has been confirmed, the letter of invitation will be issued and sent to your home address.
Now you can apply for a 30 day F-Visa at your local Chinese embassy. You will need:
- Letter of invitation
- Passport photos
- Visa application form
For detailed information, check the website of your local Chinese embassy.
Note: Due to Chinese Visa regulations it is not possible to get residence and work permit for China if you have not been awarded with a degree from a post-secondary educational institution and at least 2 years of work experience in a related field. Your F-Visa will be extended to 6 or 12 months once you arrive in China.
After you have received your visa, you are free to enter China. In China, you will be supported to extend your visa to 6 or 12 months with no extra charges, which is no problem if you have a clear visa history in China and have not violated any Chinese laws in the past.
In the most unusual scenario that your visa extension is denied, we will refund you the whole programme fee and reimburse you with $500 as international flight allowance.(see Cancellation policy)
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955