UK - Work and Travel
- All applicants must be 18-35 years old, citizens of a EU country and holders of a valid EU passport or hold a work permit or working holiday visa;
- All applicants must have intermediate knowledge of English;
- Experience in a relevant field is an advantage, though not a requirement;
- Applicants must be ready to begin work one week after they receive a job offer;
- All applicants must be able to cover daily living expenses for the first few weeks.
NB: Global Choices will interview applicants over the phone or Skype if possible.
- Completed application form provided by Global Choices;
- Covering letter for the position you apply for (printed in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (printed in English with photo - SMILE);
- Two reference/recommendation letters from a previous employer/educational institution/official body (must be printed and translated into English);
- A photocopy of your passport.
Work Permits and Visa
If you are a citizen of the European Union and have a valid passport you do not need a work permit or a visa to participate in this programme.
Nationals from the following new member states: Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and the Czech Republic who find a job in the United Kingdom are required to apply to register with the Home Office under the new "Worker Registration Scheme" within a month after they start work. Citizens of Bulgaria and Romania need to be Work Permit holders.
For more information please visit the Home Office website.
How to Apply for a Programme
- Fill out the application form;
- Add all required documents together and send the entire packet to Global Choices;
- Get the confirmation of eligibility and pay the booking fee. Later job offer and an invoice for the rest of the programme fee;
- Sign the job offer and send a scanned copy of it together with proof of payment of the programme fee;
- Get all your employer’s details and travel directions;
- Confirm your arrival date, time and place at least two weeks before you leave your home country. (This is very important; if you fail to do this there is a chance that the employer will not be ready to accept you);
- Have a great trip!
Applicants are welcome to submit applications year-round.
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955