Australia - Paid Internships
You must pay a non-refundable deposit of AUD 780. (This fee must be paid when you get the confirmation about eligibility from our programme coordinator.)
For the programme fees and extra service charges refer to the list below.
|Internship 26 weeks
|Internship 38 weeks
|Internship 52 weeks
|416 Visa fee (processing, administration and postage)
|Short lead time fee (applications with less than 12 weeks’ notice)
|Homestay placement fee
|Homestay weekly rate (Brisbane, Perth, Gold Coast and Newcastle)
||AUD 250 - 270
|Student residential per week Sidney
||AUD 210 - 460
|Student residential per week for Beatty Lodge (Perth)
||AUD 150 - 318
|Student residential per week Brisbane
||AUD 170 - 550
**Additional fees may apply for specialist or unique fields including medical, dentistry and engineering. Applicants will be advised at time of application if an additional fee will be charged. Please note that airport reception, homestay and insurance fees are subject to change.
You will need to get health and accident insurance. All candidates are required to apply for health insurance through Global Choices. Details of a variety of insurance coverage schemes can be found on our website.
What’s included in the fee
- Development of a custom-designed internship to meet your individual requirements;
- Internship placement services including supply of essential visa nomination approval documents;
- Supply of an internship contract to define the terms and conditions for the placement;
- Assistance with the visa process;
- Preparation and orientation package prior to departure;
- Regular counselling support services for the duration of your internship;
- Monthly intern newsletter;
- Performance report supplied by the host employer on successful completion of the programme;
- Certificate at successful completion of the internship;
- Supply of necessary documentation to gain academic credit for existing studies.
What’s not included
- Round trip to Australia;
- Accommodation: you can either arrange this yourself or Global Choices can do it for you at an extra charge;
- Any relevant fees for visa processing;
- Daily living expenses.
- The booking fee of AU$780 is non-refundable;
- No refund is given at any time after the confirmation and acceptance of the placement by the intern;
- No refund is given after the start of the internship. The intern may ask to be placed with another organisation if the employer is professionally negligent in terms of misconduct and improper behaviour. The request can only be made within the first week (internship duration less than three months) and within first two weeks (internship duration over three months);
- Notification of cancellation of a programme must be made in writing 8 weeks prior to the internship arrangements.
Booking Fee: AUD 500
Booking fee is included in the programme price
Programme cost AUD 6500
What’s included in the fee
- An interview or contact by phone or email (small talk with our programme coordinator in order to show your English skills and abilities in chosen job field;
- Help with travel arrangements of your choice;
- Help with the insurance of your choice;
- Help with Visas;
- An Information Booklet full of useful advice before arrival in Oz;
- Meeting at Brisbane Airport on arrival;
- Transport into the city;
- 1 night’s accommodation in Brisbane;
- 3 nights at Rainbow for recovery, sun, surf, sea and sand;
- 5 days agriculture course, with all meals and accommodation included;
- A hat, T-shirt and water bottle.
What’s not included?
Round trip to Australia;
Medical and accident health insurance;
Any relevant fees for visa processing;
Daily living expenses.
The booking fee of AUD 500 is non-refundable;
No refund is given at any time after the confirmation and acceptance of the placement by the intern;
No refund is given after the start of the internship.
Our Participants Speak / Testimonials
Leica - Philippines
“It was more challenging and pressuring than what I expected. I found myself liking the internship, in fact, loving it. After a couple of months of hard work, I was promoted as the Housekeeping Team Leader and then, I was offered the Supervisor's position. The internship program definitely opened the doors of opportunity for me in my chosen field and made me rethink a lot of things. Now, I'm sure that it does not matter if you start at the bottom, for as long as you put your heart into it, work hard, have good timing, and with a little luck success will certainly go your way!"
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955
Online near you:
We are glad to be affiliated and associated with the following organisations:
Find out more about Global Choices affiliations