Argentina - Internships
In order to be eligible to participate in the Internship in Argentina Programme, you must be:
- At least 18 years old;
- Finished high school;
- Started or completed a university programme;
- Flexible, adaptable, responsible and sensitive to other cultures, ways of life and concepts of work;
- Interested in actively taking part in the host organisation and integrating into the daily life of the host country;
- Willing to be useful to the host organisation through the tasks assigned and to contribute to the improvement of the organisation;
- Committed to respect the regulations of the programme and the rules and protocols of the host organisation;
- Committed to the agreed start and end dates of the programme;
- Be able to speak intermediate level Spanish that guarantees communication with the local people and successful development within the programme.
Important: If you don’t speak the required level of Spanish, you can take a course before the beginning of the internship programme.
Candidates should thoroughly complete all of the documents and forms in the Global Choices Application Package. An application is considered complete when the following documents have been received:
- Application form;
- Curriculum Vitae in English or German and in Spanish with photograph;
- Letter of Intent (in English or German and in Spanish);
- Letter of Recommendation (academic or from previous or present employer);
- Copy of passport;
- 2 passport-sized photographs.
Each internship placement listed has a limited availability. It is important that interns bear this in mind and that they consider at least 3 alternative placements.
Work permits and visa
Participants must have a valid passport that does not expire until after the return date. Participants from a country included in the Schengen Agreement do not need to get a visa beforehand. The Immigration Office in Argentina regulates the entry and stay of foreigners in the following way:
- Tourist visa for a maximum stay of 3 months;
- On expiration of the three-month visa, you can renew by paying a £30 fee at the Immigration Office;
- After six months, you will need to renew your visa again, this time in a bordering country: Chile, Uruguay or Brazil.
For more information, please contact the Argentinean Consulate in your country.
How to apply for a programme?
Read carefully the programme description and eligibility criteria. Then fill out the online application form and pay the booking fee in order to apply.
Global Choices confirms your booking and place on the programme. We appoint a programme coordinator to lead you through the rest of the application process until you are successfully placed.
You communicate with your programme coordinator and exchange all necessary documents and forms. Once the placement is confirmed you will need to purchase insurance and pay the remaining programme balance together with other fees (if appropriate).
After reception of the programme fee, we will send you the placement confirmation and other documents required for the visa.
All applications should be submitted before the deadlines for each programme:
- Standard Internship Placement: 10 weeks;
- Customised Internship Placement: 12 weeks.
Our Participants Speak / Testimonials
Bamidele Olatunbosum – USA
“This summer my friend Caleb and I worked in a private hospital on an internship. Some of the medically related activities were shadowing doctors in a primary care physician’s office, observing and assisting in an intensive care unit, observing births both live and cesarean, and observing a multitude of surgeries. This pretty much sums up what we did this summer. All this was obviously done in Spanish and with many different doctors”
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955
Online near you:
We are glad to be affiliated and associated with the following organisations:
Find out more about Global Choices affiliations